Log in

Fri, Dec. 11th, 2009, 12:07 am
iam_v: FTM counselor/therapist/psychologist

I started seeing a FTM counselor but my insurance won't cover him, so now I'm looking for other FTM counselors in the Boston area to see if my insurance will cover any of them. If you know of any, please let me know. It's really rather unfortunate because I've got a good raport with the guy I'm seeing now. :(

Also, does anyone know of an endocrinologist in the Boston are who will bill your T related medical stuff as if it was for another thing you're seeing the endocrinologist for? So let's say I have... hypothyroid, for instance. Does anyone know of an endo who is willing to bill the insurance as if the visits and labs were for hypothyroidism in order for the insurance to cover it? If anyone has a safer / better idea, please let me know, too.

Feel free to private message me.

Thanks ahead of time.

Fri, Dec. 11th, 2009 05:34 am (UTC)

I go to the Fenway Clinic and they bill my labs as testing/monitoring for a hormone imbalance.

Fri, Dec. 11th, 2009 07:30 pm (UTC)


Fri, Dec. 11th, 2009 07:30 am (UTC)

I see Dr. Joshua Safer, who bills as hypogonadism for me; however, I see him through my school clinic, and I don't know about his private practice.

Sat, Dec. 12th, 2009 05:44 am (UTC)

wrote to what I think is your gmail.

Mon, Dec. 14th, 2009 06:42 pm (UTC)

I third Fenway.. however, Beth Israel has some pretty incredible docs I've seen that actually left Fenway..